Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Helotes Tues

It was the second Helotes Tuesday Niter of the season. As I leave work to head out to Helotes I notice that it is super windy. Once I get to the park and ride I notice the temp. dropping, then on the ride it starts to rain. DIRTY, NASTY RAIN! I looked like I had just finished mud wrestling it was so dirty.


Well, I flat less than 5 miles into the ride but have my trusty wing-man/mechanic with me so he pulls over to change my flat. I would have done it myself but we would have been there for half an hour (slightly exxagerating), versus the 2 minute job that Rick can do. We then book it to see if we can catch back on but the group is no where in sight. BOOOOOO! I am disgruntled because I am out in the cold, dirt rain, wind and without a pack to sheild me from the elements. So we decide to turn around and head back. This is where we spot the injured pit bull laying on the side of the road shivering. He looked so sad and scared. I got off my bike to help the poor doggie but he growled at me so I wasn't about to get too close. A truck pulled up and a couple got out and told me they would help the dog so I got on my bike an headed back to my car.
Such a happy bike riding day for me.
Next week sould be better!


No comments: