Wednesday, January 16, 2008

State Cyclocross Race


Saturday was the Texas State Cyclocross race in my hometown, San Antonio. I was excited because there were rumors that some fast girls were going to race. YAY, competition! Sure enough, Christina Smith and Mel Black were on the start line with me. 45 minutes sounds pretty easy but I thought I was going to die after 10 minutes. I was trying to stay with the two lead girls and had the power, but my technical skills are next to none so I watched them ride away. Still in a good spot in the standings, I got into a tolerable rhythm. That didn't last long though, as I not-so-delicately tried to bunny hop a curb only to pinch flat my rear tire. So by the time I made it to the pit three other girls had passed me. Lucky for me, one of the girls that passed me ended up with a flat as well so I finished in 5th place.
Sunday's race was much better except that is was colder. The course was not technical so I was able to get away with 2nd place.
************************************************************************************
Nonsense
According to a recent study, women who have red hair apparantly have a higher tolerance for pain.

No comments: