Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My weekend

Riding was cold this weekend, maybe not as cold as Dallas, but enough to make me wonder at what temperature does frost bite actually occur. There was no group in Saturday's group ride, just me and a few other people that didn't go race the first local road race of the season.



When I get back to my house I decide to cut some fabric with this tool that looks like a pizza cutter. Well, I guess my hands were not defrosted yet because I numbly rolled the slicer right over my finger! DARN IT! That was my "Big Ring" shifting finger....

The Culprit:___________The Victim:
______


Sunday would be a better day...yeah right. The sun was out but it was still cold. And windy. Before this ride I never knew which was worse, hills or wind. Well today I have solidified an answer. The wind is no friend of mine. It seems like I head out with a head wind and for the first half of the ride I am happily thinking of the tail wind on the return, but it ALWAYS seems to change half way through the ride. Hills, on the other hand, are a constant. It will always be there, no suprises. You make it up and over the hill and it is done. But the wind will follow you and taunt you, even try to blow you off the road or slap you in the face so hard you are struggling to make it down hill in the small ring. I despise it. So, needless to say, my planned, epic, all day ride turned into a 2 hour fight with my new enemy. Memories of 2007 Walburg RR came back to me vividly.
****************************************************************
KZEP Surveys:

Every year 85 million neckties are sold and only 6% are actually used.

People tell over 109,000 lies in a lifetime. Number one is "I'm fine." Number two is "Nice to see you".

1 comment:

Shannon Koch said...

oh my god. OWWWW!!! I didn't know you sliced your finger. Geez! you need to be nicer to yourself.