Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Resurfaced

Hello all! Sorry I have not been updating my blog lately but I had sinus surgery and have been totally off the map for a while. I completely underestimated the surgery(s), I thought I would only miss a few days of work and a week of cycling. Boy was I wrong. I have missed more than 2 weeks of work and hope that maybe the doctor will let me start riding this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed! So I ended up having polyps and diseased "fungus balls" infested in all my sinus cavities, a deviated septum, and a petrified salivary gland that needed to be removed. Today I finally feel better, but I am depressed because I learned that I will need to be put on allergy shots, starting out once a week. Yuck.

I was so upset that I missed the training camp, I was so looking forward to meeting the rest of my teammates. I was also looking forward to Will's humor and riding with Shannon and Rachel...

No comments: