Monday, April 6, 2009

Conflicts

More and more often lately I have been in a love-hate relationship with the wind. After Sunday's ride I have decided that it is strictly a HATE relationship. After a 4.5 hour ride, much of it spent in the head wind I have decided that even the tail wind isn't always fun. I think this only applies when you are on a "training ride" with the double pistons of JT. I can honestly say that I have now motor-paced behind a cyclist (instead of the commonly used car/scooter). A 15-mile stretch of 32-36MPH, mouth open, drool/spit flying, leg aching pain was not how I envisioned the tail wind stretch to go. I hindsight I am glad for that effort I was forced to put out because now I am that much stronger - ladies beware!!!

Turning back into the wind was better because we were going slower, I just had to focus on finding the sweet spot with the most draft. Then I had to focus on conserving enough energy to make it home (still head wind). As soon as JT turned off I tanked. The remainder of my ride would be a miserable crawl. Thanks Jeff for putting up with that!

What I learned this weekend:
My front plant area needs 20 bags of mulch, not the 2 I thought was needed
Hills and wind both have horrible attributes, neither is better or worse
Check the dogs paws before they come back inside from a walk
NEVER go to Brackenridge park on a nice Sunday around 3pm

No comments: